Tuesday 5 June 2007

On being Japanese...

It has been so hectic recently! Had a business exam yesterday, and 2 politics exams today! I think they went ok though... well, I hope so seeing as I desperately need As in all these exams because they're the final ones and I need good grades to get into Uni of London!

Met up with Hunniii on Sunday... look what I made him!




He liked it! Well, he better do, the amount of time and effort I put into that! I wrote in chinese characters: "Chan oi dik, ying jun lo gung.... NGOH OI LEI!" (Dearest handsome hubby... I LOVE YOU!) Just felt like randomly doing something sweet for him!

We went to Yo Sushi for lunch. I sat at the table while Hunnii went the toilet, and whilst I was sat there, all the Japanese chefs and waitresses were just staring at me as if I had two heads! Then after awhile, one of the chefs came up to me and started talking to me in Japanese! At first I just stared at him thinking 'am I just so tired that everyone sounds like they're talking jibberish?!', so then after about two minutes of just sat there looking like a goon with my mouth open staring at him, I asked him to repeat it, and after that it became clear to me that he was speaking... not english... not cantonese..... but japanese! Arrgh! I just looked even more flabbergasted then, and was like "I don't speak Japanese!" All the waitresses started laughing, especially when I then clarified that I was in fact chinese, not japanese! Hmm... do I look that Japanese really?? Even my own grandmother says I do whenever I visit her! When Hunniii first met me, he also thought I was Japanese! Hmm... think someone had a secret affair down the family line haha.

Later, Hunnii wanted to play football for a little bit, so I went to watch him for awhile.... oh my goodness seriously BOREDOM! That's definitely the last time I'm doing that! I didn't want to complain for ages because he was only going to play for an hour and I thought, you know, it's his thing so I should just try and tolerate it because after all, he tolerates so much for me. When he was just coming off the pitch and putting his top back on, I was at breaking point... sitting in the sun watching a load of sweaty guys is definitely NOT for me... I was like GRRR I'm going to tan!!! Then Hunnii had to put up with me moaning about it the whole journey back to his. Poor guy. Haha. Saying that though, I wa seriously exhausted and stressed out from studying all week for these exams... when we got back to his I just fell asleep with a pounding headache, and in the end I made him take me home super early because I was way too exhausted to be good company... I needed SLEEP!!

I can't wait for these exams to be over... I want my summer to start already! Well, 2 more exams tomorrow, and then 5 more to go after that! Wish me luck!

No comments: